Kalsubai Night Trek Details
Mumbai Trekizens Night Trek to Kalsubai Peak.
Date : (Saturday Night) 28 April 2018
Height : 5400 ft.
Difficulty Grade: Medium.
Endurance Grade: High.
Duration : 1 Night - 1 Day
Group Size : 30
Required for participation: regular trekking and walking ability for 8 hours.
Trek Fee : 999/- par head
Trek Leader : Mayur Patre
About Kalsubai Peak
Kalsubai with its towering height of 5400ft, recognized as the highest peak of Maharashtra. It is situated on Kalsubai mountain range which is an offshoot range from main Sahyadri range and rung from west to east. The name of this mountain range has been derived from the name of Kalsubai peak itself.
This entire range is amazing from the trekking point of view. Though small in length, this range has some of the tallest peaks and toughest forts. Starting from west to east this range contains Alang Madan, Kulang forts. Top of Kalsubai peak gives an excellent view of all these forts. Kalsubai, though a highest peak, from trekking point of view it’s easy. The peak has a temple and to visit this temple many people trek to the top. So for sake of such pilgrim trekkers government and local villagers has made the route easy and safe by putting ladders and staircase wherever necessary. So reaching to the top is just a test of your stamina and not mountaineering skill. But once you reach the top then you get absolutely uninterrupted view of surrounding.
We will be starting with the CST – Kasara Local (Time table given below) People may board the same Panvel train from the station of their convenience and meet us in the train directly. (Get into second boggy from CST side)
Day 1 – Saturday 28 April 2018
- 4:52 PM Catch Kasara train from CSTM.
- 07:30 PM : meet your team mates and Group Leader at Kasara Station and start your journey to Kalsubai in a private vehicle.
- 09:00 PM : you will reach Baari Village. Then take rest for some time and have food.
- 11:00 PM : start trekking to the summit.
Day 2 – Sunday 29 April 2018
- 02.30 AM : early morning you will reach the top where you will be able to enjoy the star studded sky.
- Enjoy the night view of the surroundings and take rest.
- 06:00 AM : resume walking to reach the peak. There, you are going to witness the bewitching sunrise.
- Explore the area on your own and have breakfast after some time.
- 10:00 AM : start descending.
- 01:00 AM you will reach the base where you can take your lunch and depart for Kasara Station.
- 05:30 PM : you will reach Mumbai. (tentatively)
Trek Fees - ₹ 999/-
- Transportation from Kasara to kasara by private vehicle
- Morning breakfast & tea (Sunday)
- Lunch (Sunday)
- First aid kit.
- Guide & expertise charges.
- Mineral Water
- Train tickets Mumbai to Mumbai to Kasara to Mumbai
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Anything not mentioned in above inclusion list
- Name : Sagar Shinde
- Bank : State Bank Of India (Saving a/c).
- Branch : Shivaji park, Dadar.
- Account No : 35543441472
- IFSC Code : SBIN0001429
- Paytm Number : 9702332748
Paytm Number : 9702332748
- Identity Proof (must)
- Saturday Lunch. (must)
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
- Torch with extra battery (Must)
- A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Mats, Sleeping Bags, etc.
- Medicine those u require usually.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Dress Code – Full T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.).
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change / deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom / Toilet facility at the top.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sport shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
Visit us at