Here are few details to help you reach the venue properly.
For those coming in train are requested to report by 5 p.m. at Asangaon station and those coming in Private vehicles are requested to report at the venue by 5:30 p.m.
For the benefit of those coming by Train, the train timetable has been shared below:
Once you reach the Station you are requested to come at the Railway Bridge where the team member of "Mumbai Trekizens" will be waiting for you with a ‘Mumbai Trekizens - ID. The volunteer will help you get to bus* for reaching the site, which is 4-5 KM (20-25 mins) from station.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- This is an educational program and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
- Basic toilets facilities are available.
- Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. Human Eye requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- Due to camp-site constraints we won’t be able to accommodate half-night, half program charges.
- Although the camp-site is secure with fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organisers or without organiser’s permission.
- Any kind of misbehaviour which causes disturbance to other participants will not be tolerated and immediate action will be taken against the same.
- Stargazing Mumbai is not liable in any form for any kind of medical emergencies during the event.
- Stargazing Mumbai is a voluntary base group of some Amateur Astronomers, our aim is to spread and popularise Astronomy.
- Lastly, an important caveat to keep in mind – ‘Stargazing is subject to clear skies – in case the skies get cloudy the organisers may not be able to do much and a refund will not be possible
This being said, keep your fingers crossed for clear skies.
We await a night of fun with the stars in your company.