Fireflies Festival Tour Details
- Difficulty Grade : Very Easy
- Endurance Grade : Very Easy
- Trek Fee : 1600/- par head
- Batch 1 - 26 May 2018
- Batch 2 - 02 June 2018
- Batch 3 - 09 June 2018
- Event Day - Saturday Overnight (Leaving on Saturday Afternoon)
About Samrad & Fireflies
The village of Samrad is famous for beautiful Sandhan valley and the much celebrated Sandhan Valley is home to a swarm of fireflies in summers.
Fireflies are a special type of insects, these insects are of course nocturnal and they have around 2000 varieties, which consistently absorb new sub-species. Fireflies has feathers and their eyes are well developed. They hide in the daytime, and when the night comes they go out. However, their females are aliens and they have less movement. Their size is bigger than their eyes. The luminous organs are in the sixth and seventh segments, in the rear of the catalyst, in the rear of the female.
Sandhan Valley is so magnificent that you can never get enough of it no matter how many times you visit the valley. To add more beauty to the already stunning landscape of the place, we have a trail that leads you to the countless light emitting fireflies.
What to expect from this package:
- Unique camping experience in tents
- An opportunity to spot thousands of light flashing fireflies around you
- Rappelling 150 feet
- Panoramic view of Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kalsubai, Ratangad and the Ajoba forts
Event Fee - 1600
Day 1: Saturday
- 12:28 PM - Start train From CST to Kasara by Kasara Local
- 03:00 PM - Reach Kasara
- 05:00 PM - Reach Samrad village
- Set-up and keep tents ready for the night stay and get ready to hike into the forest
- Our campsite is located in a picturesque scenic setting showcasing the natural beauty and geological diversity of India. Camping at one of the best locations in Maharashtra, you will be surrounded by total wilderness and a grand view of the Alang, Madan, Kulang and Kalsubai peaks
Day 2: Sunday
- 05:30 AM - Wakeup call and Finished Breakfast
- 06:30 AM - Morning Explore Sandhan Valley, attend 150 feet rappelling
- 10:00 AM - Get back to the campsite.
- 10:30 AM - Reach back to the base and Lunch.
- 12:00 PM - Post Lunch start our journey back to Kasara and Reach Mumbai by the evening
Hurry up limited seats (30) only entry on first come first served basis
- To and from transport from Kasara to Samrad to Kasara in private jeep.
- Dinner at the village (Saturday
- Late night snack (Maggi)
- Breakfast (Sunday)
- Lunch (Sunday)
- Tent accommodation (shared)
- Basic camping amenities
- 150 feet Rappelling
- Mumbai Trekizens Expertise Charges
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Name : Amruta Rajendra Chavande
- Bank : Saraswat Co-Operative Bank LTD.
- Branch : Shivaji park, Dadar.
- Account No : 006200100036313
- IFSC Code : SRCB0000006
- Paytm Number : 9702332748
- Good Trekking Bag
- Torch with extra batteries.
- Atleast 2 litter of water.
- Good sports shoes.
- Sleeping Bag or bedding.
- Some ready to eat food, fruits and juices.
- Cap, shocks, extra pair of cloth (if required)
- Odomos, Vaseline or mosquito repellent.
- Camera, mobiles, binoculars (optional).
- Any personal medicine.
Keep minimum weight, makes the trek pleasant and comfortable!
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is 3 toilets at the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sport shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
- Important: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so, than it is done at the participants risk. The management wont be responsible for any incident.
Visit us at