Jambhulmal Trek Details
- Category: Trekking
- Duration: 1 Day
- Difficulty: Easy-Medium
- Fees: 1100/-
- Seats: 50 Only.
- Trek leader: Amruta
- Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park gate
- 7.00 am
Want the best view right in the middle of the concrete jungle called Mumbai!!!!! Yes, you are right…. There’s actually a beautiful, dense natural forest called Sanjay Gandhi National Park, it’s one of the best things about this city which all the Mumbaikars will be waiting to explore…
We at the 'Mumbai Trekizens ' are very excited to take you on a trek up to the highest point in Mumbai, right inside this park…. The highest point trail to Jambhulmal (with a staggering height of 468 meters or 1535 feet above sea level) from the Kanheri Caves is one of the most inaccessible trails of Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Discover the dense forests that are right in your neighbourhood, so come along as we walk through a restricted forest area that boasts of many beautiful trees, flowers, birds and wild fruits. Imagine the surreal panoramic view of the 3 lakes viz. Tulsi, Vihar and Powai against the backdrop of the city spread in front of you.
- 7.00 am. Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park gate
- Breakfast will be served at the Nature Information Centre.
- Start the journey to Kanheri caves via private vans or bus.
- Reach Kanheri Caves followed by a brief by the naturalist about the trek.
- Start the trek with bird watching, identifying flora and fauna en-route.
- Reach the highest point, explore the area while indulging you in photography and have packed lunch.
- Start descending towards Kanheri Caves and you will be dropped to the main gate of the park by bus or private vans.
- Please reach on time to enjoy the entire schedule of Itinerary
- Transportation from National Park Main Gate to Kanheri caves & back by private vans/bus
- Main entrance tickets
- Kanheri Caves entry fees
- Naturalist (guide) fees
- Forest department entry fees and Trek permission fees
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Expertise and Guidance.
- First aid kit
- Anything not included in the package
- Bottled water
- Travel to Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Any other personal expense
- Name : Amruta Rajendra Chavande
- Bank : Saraswat Co-Operative Bank LTD.
- Branch : Shivaji park, Dadar.
- Account No : 006200100036313
- IFSC Code : SRCB0000006
- Paytm Number : 9702332748
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Litres)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. In National park there are few toilets.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- IMPORTANT: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won’t be responsible for any incident.
Visit us at