Fireflies Festival event Details
About Prabalmachi fireflies Festival
- Type : Hill fort
- Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
- Grade : Easy
- Base Village - Thakurwadi
- Region : Panvel
Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Prabalmachi is an unseen offbeat village en-route of Kalavantin & Prabalgad Trek, its name itself indicate its huge plateau & offering magnificent view of Prabalgad Fort & Kalavantin Pinnacle. It is a huge Plateau provides one of best location for camping.
Day 1 – Saturday
- 07:00 pm - Assemble outside of Panvel ST Stand (west)
- 07:15 pm - Move towards base village "Thakurwadi" by Local private Vehicle.
- 08:00 pm - Reach Thakurwadi & move to Prabalmachi.
- 08:30 pm - Enjoy the serene view of fireflies lightning your way towards to Prabalmachi.
- 010:30 pm - Reach Prabalmachi.
- 011:00 pm - Have a dinner (Veg)
- 12:00 pm - Rest under the millions stars, sharing your travel experiences with the likeminded people.
Day 2 – Sunday
- 6.30 am - wake up call
- 7.00 am – Finished breakfast
- 7:30 am - Start descending towards Thakurwadi
- 12.30 p.m - Back to Mumbai & lets head home !!
Trek Fees - ₹ 1000/-
- Transportation from Panvel to Panvel back.
- Dinner - veg - Non Veg (Saturday)
- Breakfast (Sunday morning),
- Tent Stay (3 Person Sharing basis) (Blankets & bed sheet / Mattress)
- Expertise charges
- Guide charges.
- Any personal expenses to come to Panvel.
- Any other charges not mentioned above.
- Name : Sagar Shinde
- Bank : State Bank Of India (Saving a/c).
- Branch : Shivaji park, Dadar.
- Account No : 35543441472
- IFSC Code : SBIN0001429
- Paytm Number : 9702332748
Paytm Number : 9702332748
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters) Must
- 1 Torch (Must) with spare batteries (Must)
- Bunch of Papers, Camera, Cap etc.
- Some Ready to eat food - Chikki, Dates, Plum Cake etc
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- A good trekking shoes, extra pair of floaters.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Hurry up limited seats (30) only entry on first come first served basis
Tip: Keep minimum weight, makes the trek pleasant and comfortable!
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate / cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is only 3 toilet at the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sport shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
Visit us at